Map Pricing Policy
Map Pricing Policy
General Pricing Policy
Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices (MSRP) for Oros are set annually and are subject to change. Oros may adjust MSRP upon 30 days written notice. Oros’ Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) is equivalent to our MSRP. It is the company’s policy that Oros products should not be advertised for sale at prices below MAP.
Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) Policy
Oros is committed to industry leading design, engineering and innovation and being a premium fly fishing brand. As such, we choose retail partners who share our philosophy; those who provide premium service to the consumer and enhance our efforts to increase access of future generations to the waters we fish and surrounding wild spaces. To help achieve these goals, Oros has established a unilateral policy regarding the minimum advertised price (MAP) of its products.
This policy applies to the advertising of Oros-branded product by retailers. Unless stated otherwise in writing by Oros Products, LLC, the minimum advertised price (MAP) for any Oros product is the manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP). This policy does not apply to the actual price at which Oros products are sold by retailers. Each retailer is free to independently determine its actual retail price for Oros products.
Unless subject to an exception below, any retailer advertisement that presents Oros products at a price below MSRP/MAP is a violation of this policy. These types of advertisements include:
- Advertising Oros products as part of, or in conjunction with, a store-wide sale or discount that results in a net advertised price below MSRP/MAP.
- Advertising multiple Oros products in combination for a single price that is less than the products’ combined MSRP/MAP.
- Advertising Oros products in combination with other branded products at a single price.
- Advertising Oros products through an online auction where the minimum bid is less than MSRP/MAP.
- Advertising that offers discounts, credits, rebates, or gift certificates in combination with Oros products that results in a net price below Oros MSRP/MAP.
This policy applies to all forms of advertising, including the following:
- Internet merchandising or product listings, including third party platforms (ex. Amazon, eBay, etc.)
- Print ads
- Direct mailings (electronic or via post)
- Social media advertising
- Consumer-targeted ads (ex. Google AdWords)
- Printed material, including brochures, posters, flyers, faxes, etc.
- Radio & TV ads
- Mail-order catalogs
This policy does not apply to the following:
- Brick and mortar in-store displays, banners, or price markings
- Advertising that offers free shipping with purchase, free training with purchase, or other free value-added service with purchase.
- Advertising for any merchandise that Oros has designated as “discontinued” or as “closeout.” These products will be defined and communicate to dealers in writing by Oros.
- Advertising for Oros products during Oros-designated “end-of-season” and/or “promotional periods.” These periods will be defined and communicate to dealers in writing by Oros. Oros reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change designated period(s) upon 30 days written notice to dealers.
In response to any violations of this policy, Oros, at its unilateral discretion, may take the following actions:
- First Violation: Oros will issue a written warning to the retailer requesting the violation be corrected.
- Second Violation: Oros will issue a written warning to the retailer requesting the violation be corrected and will suspend all shipments to retailer for a 60 day period.
- Third Violation: Oros will no longer accept orders from the retailer for Oros products.
Compliance with this policy is entirely within the control of the retailer. This policy is non-negotiable and modifications will not be made for any retailer. Oros cannot and will not discuss this policy outside of providing the terms of the policy and examples of compliant and non-compliant advertising.
We do appreciate input and feedback from our retail partners. If you have comments or concerns about this policy, please submit them in writing by email to email@example.com
September 6, 2021